Endowments are permanently restricted funds whose principal is designated by the donor to be invested and to remain intact, with only the earnings to be spent on operations. Contributions made to these funds are investments in the future of ADK.
- ADK General Endowment Supports wherever the organizational need is greatest.
- Conservation Endowment Supports ADK’s Advocacy Program, which lobbies and advocates for the protections of natural resources through stewardship and trail restoration, and public access to these resources for recreational purposes.
- Will Cummer Gear Fund Provides gear for summit stewards working atop the High Peaks.
- JBL Endowment Supports the Johns Brook Lodge facilities, programs, and property.
- Ruth M. Kuhfahl Trails Fund After decades of volunteering, Ruth opened the fund as one more way she and others can continue to support trails work.
- Dr. Norton G. Miller Memorial Fund Supports the Adirondack High Peaks Summit Stewardship Program and ADK’s science and science outreach efforts.
- Natural History Endowment Supports natural history programs and Summer Naturalist Interns.
- Fund for the Promotion of the Culture and History of the Adirondacks Opened by Donna and Kerry Skee to support presentations at Johns Brook Lodge and the Loj to educate members, guests, and visitors about the history, culture and arts of the Adirondack region.
- Recognition Fund Established by Marilyn and Peter Gillespie to fund the recognition of volunteers, staff, and others whose support of ADK is particularly appreciated.
- Stewardship Endowment Supports ADK’s professional and supervised trail crews and the Summit Stewardship Program.
- Volunteer Trail Maintenance Provides training and recognition for ADK members helping maintain trails around ADK properties. The fund was opened by Donna and Kerry Skee with a particular emphasis on trails around Johns Brook Lodge and the Loj.
Start a new named endowed fund with your gift of at least $10,000. Gifts to existing endowed funds can be of any size. Contact Lynn Shanks at 518.668.4447 ext. 23 for more information.