Adirondak Loj at Heart Lake
- Check in is after 2 p.m. and Check out is by 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet hours from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Linens and towels are provided in all of our rooms
- Bathrooms and showers are shared
- Pets are prohibited in the Loj
- Smoking is not permitted in the Loj
- Cell phone reception is not available at the Loj
- Wi-Fi is available in the Loj and is complimentary for guests
- Breakfast is included in the room rate (served daily from 7:00 till 8:00 a.m.)
- Trail Lunches are available at an additional charge
- Dinner is available at an additional charge (served at 6:15 p.m.)
- Vegetarian/Vegan Meals and most food allergies can be accommodated with 24 hours advance notice
- Soda may be purchased anytime. Selections and prices are listed on each dining room table.
- Hot drinks are complimentary for Loj guests and are available in the living room.
- Alcohol is served in the evening. You may not bring your own alcohol into the public areas of the Loj.
Things To Do Around The Loj
Year-round access to trails. Sign up for seasonal outings and guided hikes with ADK or create your own adventure. A universal-access trail opens wilderness to people of all abilities.
Swimming in Heart Lake is available for overnight guests. An adult must accompany children under 16 years old.
Canoe, Kayak, and Paddleboard rentals. An adult must accompany children under 16 years old.
Ski and snowshoe rentals.
The Game Room is stocked with board games, puzzles, and card games to keep you and your friends busy on cold winter nights or rainy summer days.
Start your adventure off at the High Peaks Information Center (HPIC), operated by the ADK. Open year-round. There are showers and restrooms, and maps and trail information to assist with trip planning. The HPIC store offers snacks, books, maps and assorted hiking gear.
The ADK Nature Museum – During summer months, the Nature Museum, located on the trail to Mount Jo and staffed by the Education Department, provides insight into the environment around us with various hands on activities for all ages.
Or…just kick back on the beach, picnic tables, a bench, or in front of the fire place.
Lake Placid and Saranac Lake
The villages of Lake Placid and Saranac Lake offer many activities, shops, and restaurants. Visit www.lakeplacid.com or www.saranaclake.com for more information.
The Olympic Venues Visit the different Olympic venues of the Lake Placid area including the Olympic Sports Complex with the Bobsled Run, the Jumping Complex, or Whiteface Mountain. Visit www.whiteface.com/activities for more information.
The Wild Center Explore the Natural History of the Adirondacks in a beautiful museum with many interactive displays, wild animals, and outside trails. For more information visit www.wildcenter.org.
For more information please contact our reservations office at (518) 523-3441. We are happy to help you plan your stay.