Fall Trails Day
October 14, 2017
This is the last chance to clean drainages of fallen leaves and other debris before the snow arrives. Ten different trails located in the Adirondack High Peak Region will be focused on. A cold, continental breakfast will be served at the High Peaks Information Center (HPIC) starting at 7:30 am before the crews leave for the day at around 8:45 am. Participants can camp for free in the ADK Wilderness Campground both Friday and Saturday nights. Pre-registration is required if staying in the campground. FREE
2017 Fall Trails Day Projects
The following projects will be offered this year for Fall Trails Day. Most of the projects will leave directly from the HPIC on Saturday morning, except for Cascade. The Cascade crew will meet at the Cascade trailhead at 9:30 am. Each project has been assigned a difficulty rating and number.
- Algonquin (Hard): This crew will clear drainage and remove blowdown between the Marcy Dam Trail Junction and the Wright Peak junction going up Mt. Algonquin. Total Hiking Mileage: 6.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1900’ Register Now
- Avalanche Pass (Hard): This crew will clear drainage and remove blowdown from Marcy Dam up to Avalanche Lake on both the hiking and skiing trails. Total Hiking Mileage: 8 miles Elevation Gain: 900’ Register Now
- Indian Falls to the Crossover (Hard): This crew will clear drainage and remove blowdown from Marcy Dam to Indian Falls, and return via the crossover trail. Total Hiking Mileage: 9 miles Elevation Gain: 1500’ Register Now
- Cascade Mountain (Moderate): This crew will meet at the Cascade trailhead at 9:30am. We will clear drainages and remove blowdown from the trailhead to the summit of Cascade Mountain. Total Hiking Mileage: 4.8 Miles Elevation Gain: 1940’. You will need to provide your own transportation to and from the trailhead. Register Now
- Lake Arnold (Hard): This crew will clear drainage and remove blowdown from Avalanche Camp to Lake Arnold. Total Hiking Mileage: 9.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1580’ Register Now
- Marcy Dam (Easy): This crew will clear drainage and remove blowdown from the HPIC to Marcy Dam. Total hiking Mileage: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 180’ Register Now
- Mr. Van ski trail (Easy): The crew will remove blowdown and cut back encroaching vegetation on the Mr. Van Ski Trail. Total Hiking Mileage 4.4 miles. Elevation Gain: 150′ Register Now
- Mt Jo (Easy): This crew will clear drainage and remove blowdown on the Long and Short trails on Mt. Jo. Total Hiking Mileage 2.4 miles. Elevation Gain 650′ Register Now
- Scott Clearing (Moderate): This crew will clear drainage and remove blowdown from Heart Lake to Scott Clearing. Total Hiking Mileage: 8 miles. Elevation Gain: 200′ Register Now
- Wright Peak Ski Trail (Hard): Participants will remove blowdown and cut back vegetation on the Wright Peak Ski Trail.Total Hiking Mileage: 5.75 miles. Elevation Gain 1,900′ Register Now
To register call 518-523-3441 or click the links above.