The Trough-Paddler’s Companion documents navigating the Trail in its entirety-west to east-from the perspective and unique needs of an expedition paddler or anyone looking for more detailed information while following the official NFCT maps.
The “Companion” guidebook includes:
- 35 consecutive segment descriptions documenting the entire Trail including 160-plus miles of upstream paddling
- 25 illustrated maps highlighting challenging trail sections
- Details about every portage (or carry) with recommendations about how “wheelable” each may be
- Statistics about average paddle times
- Tips for planning daily mileage goals
- Lists of services found along the Trail
Soft Cover, 5 1/2 X 8 1/2, 253 pgs.