January 17-19, 2020 (MLK Weekend)
Come out and play in the East’s heaviest snows for a weekend of XC skiing, snowshoeing, and camaraderie at the annual ADK Tug Hill Winter Outing, hosted by the ADK Iroquois Chapter! Explore the numerous groomed and backcountry trails that are within minutes of the clubhouse. Accommodations are at the Mad River Club, a rustic yet comfortable building with a large basement. There is indoor plumbing, electricity, wood stove heat and a large well equipped kitchen. Sleeping will be on the floor. You will need to bring sleeping bag and pad or small cot. If you prefer privacy, a soft bed and your own shower, a list of local accommodations is available. The Mad River Club is located 5 miles east of I-81 via the Sandy Creek-Lacona exit. The exit off of I-81 is 40 miles north of Syracuse and 35 miles south of Watertown.
The full weekend package includes floor space for your sleeping bag and pad, snack Friday evening, breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and a gourmet dinner on Saturday followed by activities. Cost is $100 for the full weekend with or w/out floor space, or $50 for skiing and banquet only on Saturday. All but $20 is refundable up to December 31st.
Download and complete the registration form and return with check by USPS. Confirmations will be sent by email in January unless USPS is requested.
For registration information contact Dave White at 28 Mulberry St, Clinton, NY 13323 or email email@example.com 315 853-1070. General information can also be provided by Paul Sirtoli 315 737-8353 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership in ADK is NOT required for participation in Winter Outing. However, we would encourage you to join ADK so that you can take advantage of other Club benefits
ADK Winter Outing Accommodations
Accommodations are at the Mad River Club, located five miles east of Interstate 81 via the Sandy Creek/Lacona exit. The exit off of I-81 is forty miles north of Syracuse and thirty-five miles south of Watertown. The Mad River Club is a rustic yet comfortable building with a large basement. There is indoor plumbing (one women’s bathroom, one shower, and one men’s bathroom), electricity, and wood-stove heat. Sleeping will be on the floor (which can get very cold). You will need to bring a sleeping bag and pad or small cot. If you prefer privacy, a soft bed, and your own shower, we encourage you to stay in alternate lodging nearby and attend all the daily activities and meals.
Other accommodations within ten miles of I-81 Sandy Creek/Lacona exit:
- All Season Lodge Sandy Creek. Tel.: 315-387-5850
- Tug Hill Lodge Sandy Creek. Tel.: 315-387-5326
- Portly Angler Lodge just off I-81, Pulaski. Some group rooms with bunks. Tel.: 315-298-4773
- Pink House Inn B&B Sandy Creek. Tel.: 315-387-5850
- Driftwood Motel Pulaski. Tel.: 315-298-5000
- Deer Creek Motel Pulaski. Tel.: 315-298-3730
- Harris House B&B 141 Salisbury St., Sandy Creek 13145. Tel.: 315-387-5907. Website: www.harrislodging.com. Email: email@example.com
- Super 8 3800 State Rt. 13, Pulaski, NY 13142. Tel.: 315-298-4888. Website: www.super8.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knights Inn 3723-3724 State Rt. 13, Pulaski, NY 13142. Tel.: 315-298-4717. Email: email@example.com
- 1880 House B&B 1 South Jefferson St., Pulaski, NY 13142. Tel.: 315-298-6088. Website: www.1880house.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fish On Motel 4804 Salina St., Pulaski, NY 13142. Tel.: 315-298-3847. Website: www.fishonmotel.com