Come out and play in the East’s heaviest snows for a weekend of cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and camaraderie at the annual ADK Tug Hill Winter Outing, January 27-29! Enjoy the rustic setting of the Mad River Club (MRC) and explore the numerous groomed and backcountry trails just minutes from the clubhouse.
The full weekend package includes floor space for your sleeping bag and pad, snacks Friday evening, all meals on Saturday including gourmet dinner and breakfast, and lunch on Sunday. Camping is also an option for those wishing to rough it, as there are good locations on MRC property to pitch a tent.
For general information, contact Ron Fillhart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-298-7424. For registration, please fill out this form and contact Cindy Stewart, 9922 Nohle Rd, Adams, NY 13605 or email@example.com.
ADK Winter Outing Accommodations
Accommodations are at the Mad River Club, located five miles east of Interstate 81 via the Sandy Creek/Lacona exit. The exit off of I-81 is forty miles north of Syracuse and thirty-five miles south of Watertown. The Mad River Club is a rustic yet comfortable building with a large basement. There is indoor plumbing (one women’s bathroom, one shower, and one men’s bathroom), electricity, and wood-stove heat. Sleeping will be on the floor (which can get very cold). You will need to bring a sleeping bag and pad or small cot. If you prefer privacy, a soft bed, and your own shower, we encourage you to stay in alternate lodging nearby and attend all the daily activities and meals.
Other accommodations within ten miles of I-81 Sandy Creek/Lacona exit:
- All Season Lodge Sandy Creek. Tel.: 315-387-5850
- Tug Hill Lodge Sandy Creek. Tel.: 315-387-5326
- Portly Angler Lodge just off I-81, Pulaski. Some group rooms with bunks. Tel.: 315-298-4773
- Pink House Inn B&B Sandy Creek. Tel.: 315-387-5850
- Driftwood Motel Pulaski. Tel.: 315-298-5000
- Deer Creek Motel Pulaski. Tel.: 315-298-3730
- Harris House B&B 141 Salisbury St., Sandy Creek 13145. Tel.: 315-387-5907. Website: www.harrislodging.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Super 8 3800 State Rt. 13, Pulaski, NY 13142. Tel.: 315-298-4888. Website: www.super8.com. Email: email@example.com
- Knights Inn 3723-3724 State Rt. 13, Pulaski, NY 13142. Tel.: 315-298-4717. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1880 House B&B 1 South Jefferson St., Pulaski, NY 13142. Tel.: 315-298-6088. Website: www.1880house.com. Email: email@example.com
- Fish On Motel 4804 Salina St., Pulaski, NY 13142. Tel.: 315-298-3847. Website: www.fishonmotel.com
Membership in the Adirondack Mountain Club is NOT required for participation in Winter Outing. However, we would encourage you to join ADK so that you can take advantage of other Club benefits.
Ski and/or snowshoe outings suit all levels, from easy/novice to moderate and strenuous. Potential trips include:
- Larrabee’s Raspberry Trail
- Alice’s Alley
- Hiscock – Winona Way
- Sally’s Ride
- Bill’s Belly
- Chateaugay State Forest
- Innman Gulf
- Jeff Three
- John Young Trail
- Barnes Corners to Rodman
- Tug Hill Forest Preserve
- Black Pond