|75-mile Route Map|
|23-mile Route Map|
|Ride Profile||It is estimated that this new mountain/hybrid bike route is about 60% dirt road, 20% dirt and rock trail, 20% paved road…and 100% pure Adirondacks!
|Rest Stops||Four (4) rest stops with snacks, water provided along the route. SAG (Support and Gear) wagon and mobile mechanical support provided. Rider packet with map and t-shirt provided at registration.|
|Cancellations and Refund||Refunds, less a $10 processing fee, will be issued to those who let us know by July 20. After that, no refunds will be made except for emergency situations.
2018 ididaride! Lodging
MOTELS, INNS & LODGES
Alpine Lodge 518-251-2451
Dillon Hill Inn & Cabin Rentals 518-251-2912
Posh Primitive – NEW luxury camping opportunity! 518-494-3735
Gore Mountain Lodge 855-846-7365
Inn on Gore Mountain 518-251-2111
Indian Lake Motel 518-648-5859
Lone Birch Motel 518-648-5225
GoreChamber.com For general information on accommodations
Garnet Hill Lodge 518-251-2444
The Copperfield 877-235-1466
Friends Lake Inn 518-494-4751
Alp Horn Motel 518-494-4065
Black Mountain Lodge 518-251-2800
Fort William Henry Resort 800-234-0267
HOUSE RENTALS, TOWNHOUSES, COTTAGES
Dr. Lee House 518-251-4461
Pearsall Realty 518-251-2422
Broderick Real Estate 800-309-0577
Adirondack By Owner 518-891-9919
Adirondack Chalet 917-254-1151
Gore Mountain Accommodations 800-666-3757
Gore Mountain Lodging
Cabins at Mill Creek 917-254-1151
BED & BREAKFASTS
Daggett Lake Campsites 518-623-2198
Glen-Hudson Family Camp Ground 518-623-9871
Lake George Schroon Valley Resort 800-237-3188
Lewey Lake Campsites 518-648-5266
Lake Durant Campsites 518-352-7797
KOA of Lake George 800-562-2618
Rainbow View Campground 518-623-9444
Lake George Escape 800-327-3188
Warrensburg Travel Park 518-623-9833
There is a limited number of tent sites available for camping at the Ski Bowl Park. Click here for the rules and regulations. To reserve a site, please call the Town of Johnsburg at 518-251-2421 and press 21 for the Supervisor’s secretary.
For campers who want a wilderness experience, back country camping is available:
- Forest Preserve lands: 518-623-1200
- Forest Lands Outside the Preserve: 518-402-9428
Volunteers are needed on Friday to mark the route. Volunteers are needed throughout the day on Saturday.
Download a Volunteer Application!
ididaride! Adirondack Bike Tour
814 Goggins Road
Lake George, NY 12845-4117
Job Descriptions: All are needed the day of the ride except for Route Markers
- Cone and sign placement the day before the ride (Fri 7/26) along the 75-mile route from North Creek (Route 8/28) to Indian Lake, back to North Creek (Route 30/28).
- Street sweep day before the ride, done in conjunction with cone and sign placement
- Ride sweeps on the off-road course, approximately 40+ miles. The sweep rides at the back of the pack to ensure riders’ safety and offer support if necessary. Typically there are two sweeps riding in tandem.
- Bike leaders for both the on-road (75-mile) and off-road (40+ mile) courses.
- Assist with fruit cut-up on Friday at the ADK office in Lake George. Prepare watermelon, oranges and bananas for rest stop supplies.
- Assist with loading box truck for supplies to be delivered to the ski bowl.
- Volunteers to assist with day-off activities at the Ski Bowl Pavilion;
- Registration – checking in riders, assigning rider numbers, ensuring waivers are completed.
- Help desk – answering questions, transferring registrations, and completing day-of registrations.
- Setting up pop-up tents for vendor sites early Saturday morning, 7/27 6:30am – 8:00 am.
- Rest stop volunteers (4 for the 75 mile, 1 or 2 for the 40+ mile)
- Garbage sweep (travel the course and pick up garbage at rest stops, truck would be ideal)
- Bike mechanic – help perform minor repairs throughout the day at each of the rest stops.
- Arrange tables in the pavilion for the BBQ luncheon.
- Finish line checkers – record cyclists return on registration sheets.
- T-shirt distribution 2-5pm.
- Clean up crew 3-6pm – break down pavilion, fold up tables, stack chairs, remove all garbage from cans.
- Pack up the box-truck of supplies and event materials to go back to ADK.
- Pick up signage and cones post-event. Approximately 4 volunteers needed – two for the 75-mile course, and 1 or 2 for the 40-mile course.
Thank you to our Sponsors!