Speak Out to Protect Boreas Ponds as Wilderness: Attend a Boreas Ponds Classification Hearing
This spring Governor Cuomo finalized the purchase of the Boreas Ponds Tract and instantly added almost 21,000 acres of state land to the Adirondack Park. Boreas Ponds is located between the High Peaks Wilderness area and Dix Mountain Wilderness area and is best suited to be Wilderness too. You can attend a Boreas Ponds Classification Hearing to help make sure Boreas Ponds becomes Wilderness!
After you sign-up you will receive a confirmation by email from ADK. We’ll be contacting you again before your hearing date with suggested talking points, additional on-line comment letters you can send to the Adirondack Park Agency, and notice of any opportunities for carpooling or bus rides to the hearing sites.
Hearings are scheduled for the following dates:
- November 9, 7PM Adirondack Park Agency, 1133 NYS Route 86,Ray Brook, NY
- November 14, 6PM Northville Central School. 131 S. Third Street, Northville, NY
- November 16, 7PM Newcomb Central School. 5535 NYS Route 28N, Newcomb, NY
- November 28, 7PM Rochester Institute of Technology. Golisano Institute for Sustainability in Sustainability Hall, Parking Lot T, Rochester, NY
- November 29, 6PM St Lawrence County Human Services Center. 80 State Highway 310, Canton NY
- December 6, 7PM Bear Mountain, NY
- December 7, 2PM Department of Environmental Conservation, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY
Sign up to attend one of the hearings!