The Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK) is dedicated to the protection and responsible recreational use of the New York State Forest Preserve, and other parks, wild lands, and waters vital to our members and chapters. The club, founded in 1922, is a member-directed organization committed to public service and stewardship. ADK employs a balanced approach to outdoor recreation, advocacy, environmental education, and natural resource conservation.
Front Desk Staff
Location: Heart Lake Property
Responsible To/Evaluated By: Customer Service Coordinator, Loj Manager.
Team Coordination With: HPIC personnel, JBL crew, Loj crew, and Loj Manager.
Job Description: The Front Desk personnel are the first impression many guests get of the Adirondack Mountain Club and it’s facilities. Upon them lies the responsibility of creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, whether over the phone or in person. They are also responsible for the accurate transaction of all reservations, deposits and guest bills for all facilities.
- Encourage a friendly, welcoming atmosphere at the Adirondak Loj.
- Ensure smooth and efficient operation of the front desk, with particular attention to detail and minimum error.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date, legible records of occupancy, meal counts, reservations, cancellations, deposits, guest receipts, etc.
- Promote ADK membership as part of a larger effort to support the goals and objectives of the Adirondack Mountain Club.
- Take care to assure safe and accurate cash storage and transactions.
- Coordinate with the Food Service Supervisor regarding daily meal counts and special meal events.
- Provide reliable, objective backcountry and miscellaneous information to the public or direct them to other sources.
- Coordinate with the Program Coordinator or Program Instructor regarding program reservations.
- Coordinate with the Director of Field Programs regarding Volunteer trails program registrations.
- Communicate with staff at the Entry Booth to facilitate efficient campground operations.
- Communicate with staff at Johns Brook Lodge to ensure accurate reservations for the JBL facility.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail effectively and efficiently.
- Supplemental duties/responsibilities to support other Club operations/functions as requested.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a wide variety of guests, members and staff.
- Experience in lodge/bed and breakfast field and customer service with an emphasis on telephone skills.
- Ability to thrive in a busy and stressful work environment.
- Detail oriented person.
- Physical ability to go up and down stairs, clear speaking voice.
- Understanding of and interest in the mission and goals of the Adirondack Mountain Club.
- Knowledge and interest in the High Peaks area and hiking trails.
- Clear and legible handwriting.
Classification and Work Schedule: Closing Date:
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
PO Box 867
Lake Placid, NY 12946